1. In the USA each political unit may have its own …
2. … of various types exist at all levels of government.
3. The state police forces of America vary in …
4. … are charged with the enforcement of the particular laws over which its department has jurisdiction.
5. State bureaus of identification operate as …
6. The county has …; the township …; the village or town …; and the city…
7. A recruit undergoes…
8. Police academies offer …
Ex. 4. Give the proper definition for:
police ► a)someone, especially a police officer, whose
job is to discover information about a crime
identification ► b) a set of red, green, and yellow lights that is
used Ex. 3. Put the necessary words into the sentences. Translate them into Ukrainian. to stop and start traffic
detective ► c) the official organisation that makes people obey the law and
that protects people and places agaist crime, or the people
who work for this organization
traffic light ► d) when you recognize and can name someone or something
investigate ► e)a main road, especially between two towns or cities
highway ► f) to try to discover all the factsabout something,
especially a crime or accident
Ex 5. Find the English equivalents in the text:
· Центральне розвідувальне управління
· курси підвищення кваліфікації
· розкрити злочин
· база даних
· слідчий орган
· встановлювати особистість
· звинувачувати у вбивстві
· патрулювання шосе
· поліцейський орган
· уповноваження у сфері правозастосування
Ex 6. Fill in the gaps in these questions with a suitable word from the box Ex. 3. Put the necessary words into the sentences. Translate them into Ukrainian.. Answer the questions:
|punishment spray fight carry allowed defence|
1. Do you think the police should … guns?
2. Do you agree with the capital … for certain crimes such as murder?
3. Do you think the police should be … to stop and question people without special reason?
4. Do you think it should be legal for people to carry a …?
5. Do you think people should beallowed to use a gun or knife in self-… .
6. Do you think tougher punishment will help to … crime.